1/48 "CAPTURED" KAWANISHI N1K2-J

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

An experiment. Never done this before but God knows, if I don't remove most of the tackiness from the tape while masking, some of the underlying paint is removed. I'll paint the top color, let it dry and then using thin strips of untreated tape, I'll attempt to remove some of the top coat.

001.JPG
002.JPG

Geo

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I used small pieces of tape Andy, probably about ¼" x ¾", and only half of the tape at a time. Very time consuming but I like the result. Gloss coat has been added.

Geo

While waiting for the paint to dry on my GB I thought I would start on the decals. This is my first model using Rising Decals and I really like them. They release very quickly in hot water and a very opaque. They also tuck into panel lines without the need for decal solutions. The only small issue I have with them is the stick where you put them. What I did was; wet the area you want the decal to sit, place the decal as close as you can to the final position and then, using a largish brush, flooded the area with water. So far the decals have proved very sturdy.

002.JPG

Geo

Thanks guys. Had to repaint the landing gear covers. A photo in a walkaround showed that the lower part was silver colored but when I looked at my photo on page 2 it looks black. I'll leave the inner gear doors in black and silver...just because. Photos of the 'lil bits in a 'lil bit.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back