1/48 Clark tractor.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks quite neat. I wonder on the cost though?
A similar, if perhaps not quite as detailed tractor, in 1/48th scale, is included in the Academy ground equipment kit, and in the Revell/Promodeller Ground Support kit, which can still be found, and will probably be re-released at some point. It's also available with the Tamiya Corsair kit.
Would be nice to see it in 1/32nd scale though, and will certainly be welcome to 1/72nd scale modellers.
We could really do with a lot more in the way of vehicles, in all the three main scales, for airfield/aviation, and at last, Tamiya are about to release their US 6x6 fuel truck.

Actually, looked a little closer at the Tamiya kit and it comes with the Ford BNO Moto Tug:

chassis2.jpg

Ah, that's the one I saw being restored, as mentioned in Jan's posts in the 'Photo of the day' threads. Slightly different to the Clark, with those side 'wings' and a few other details, and possibly a bit bigger too?

Not too bad a price. But may be better value getting the Academy set, at the same price, or the Revell set at around £7 to £9 or less, still found here and there, and which also has a RAF trolley Ac and oil trailer, and Luftwaffe bomb loader and oil trailer, as well as the US tractor and bomb cart. Or, for the Ford version, the Tamiya set, or their Corsair, which includes the tractor.

Yep, that's the one mentioned as 'the Tamiya set' in my post above - couldn't remember the proper title offhand!

No problem Cory, and yes, that's the one. Great if making a diorama of a 'Press Day' photo shoot, where the pilots pose for the camera!
But seriously, with a bit of modification, the figures could be used for almost any air force or navy, and in different poses.

No old boy. It's the Academy 1/48th scale, US WW2 Weapons Set, which is mainly bombs, rockets and I think a torpedo, with the Clark tractor and bomb cart included. Retails for around £14, and can be found at Model Hobbies.
The Revell set looks like the pic below, and used to retail at around £9 I think, and sometimes pop up on the 'bay'. Got mine, without packaging or instructions, but otherwise complete, for £7.

Attachments

• Ground support kt pic..JPG
    Ground support kt pic..JPG
    13 KB · Views: 891

Users who are viewing this thread

Back