1/48 F4F-4 #1 "Mighty Y's Fury"

Beauty
 
1789749923867.jpeg


1789749893024.jpeg


1789750440560.jpeg
 
Last edited:
XF4F

1789750128794.jpeg
 
Glossy black primer+gloss finish
785175.jpg

Two coats of duralumin
IMG_20260919_124753.jpg
IMG_20260919_124801.jpg

Compared with completed Hellcat(Glossy black+Chromium)
IMG_20260919_130454.jpg
IMG_20260919_130459.jpg

This test hasn't finished yet.
I consult more experienced model makers to gain knowledge.
 
This cat would be at the status describes below,and I wonder whether the wing of Tom Cheek climbed into was folded and also whether the canopy was closed
屏幕截图 2026-09-20 135847.png
 
If it needed to be fuel up, the left wing would need to be swung out. The filler cap was positioned externally on the upper port wing-fuselage fillet where the wing meets the fuselage side. As for whether the canopy was opened or closed, no mention was made in the above but when you are telling a story about travelling, you say you got in your truck and drove away. No mention of you opening the door first...............I guess
 
Problem seemed to be resolved:the gap difference between open(canopy)-open(fuselage) and close(canopy)-open(fuselage) is quite small and I consider it's enough to be ignored.
And the original gap of the kit is reasonable
A restored FM-1 can explain this:
Look at this gap between the fuselage and the canopy
DSCN1665.JPG
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back