1/48 Lockheed P-38F/G (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Terry. I goofed on some of the pictures and forgot the AN-104 blade Antenna on the nose. I added that and reposted some pictures but in reading more about the radio equipment I still need to add the antenna wires for the SCR274N which this aircraft has. Some P-38's from what I have read had both SCR522 (Nose blade antenna) and SCR274N which these a/c were originally fitted with. I am going to add the wires to reconcile the fact that the the kit has the SCR274 but actual pictures show Sad Sack with the Blade Antenna.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I am pretty happy with her too.
Since many years I wanted to build a P-38G, s/n 42-13238 from the 95th BS., coded A9 and named "Hallock". I never had the time to start and couldn't find any photo of the latter, but using your build as a guideline (in fact repeating all your steps or at least trying to do so ;) ) will be the only way to start and finish a similar model successfully!
Congratulations for all the efforts and for the exceptional result!
Cheers!

Since many years I wanted to build a P-38G, s/n 42-13238 from the 95th BS., coded A9 and named "Hallock". I never had the time to start and couldn't find any photo of the latter, but using your build as a guideline (in fact repeating all your steps or at least trying to do so ;) ) will be the only way to start and finish a similar model successfully!
Congratulations for all the efforts and for the exceptional result!
Cheers!
Thank you Yves your comments are very much appreciated. Good luck with Hallock. I am sure you will make a successful go it having seen your other works.:)

My dear Dave, I have had a great time viewing, admiring, and learning about the P-38 and your Workbench.

I share the opinion of how excellent the Tamiya brand is, but its models are also expensive in Mexico, even so it is worth the effort, due to the quality of plastic and assembly of its parts (in general).
I'm sorry for the family loss in December, the world goes on, life goes on and all that remains is to be thankful that we are here and continue. A hug.

The last images of the finished bird are formidable.
It will be a great reference for all the information and images, as well as the always great contribution that friends and colleagues include.
I have a P-38 on standby and I have kept all my boxed models so well for a little over 3 years that the only thing I remember about my P-38 is that it is not Tamiya. In time I will find out.

I send you a warm greeting from Mexico and I reiterate my congratulations for your beautiful work.

Eres un campeón!! :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back