1/48 Lysander and Storch?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dneid

Staff Sergeant
Oct 31, 2012
Austin, TX
Hey, All,
I am looking for any leads on both a Westland Lysander and Fiesler Storch in 1/48th scale? I can find a 1/72 Lysander and a 1/32 Storch. I could have sworn I built a 1/48 of each YEARS ago.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Dale

The oldest kit for the Lysander of 1/48 scale and making a bunch of these, is the Hawk kit...

Hawk Lys01.JPG

Then a series of reboxed Hawk one by Testors and Italeri...

Testors_Lys01.JPG

Testors_Lys02.JPG

Italeri_lys1.jpg

The next kit of the plane is the Gavia newer one and reboxed by Eduard recently. These seems to be the best replic of the kite so far.

gav_lys01.jpg

gav_lys02.jpg

Edu_Lys01.jpg

Edu_Lys02.jpg

I hope this will help

And for the Fieseler Fi 156C Storch, the old Revell/ESCI kit..

Revell_ESCI Storch.JPG

And the Tamiya newer kit that is considered the best one...

storch Tamiya2.jpg

storch Tamiya1.jpg

There's also a Storch from ESCI/Italeri which can still be found. I have the Italeri Lysander, courtesy of Glenn, which is earmarked to be done as a SOE example, and as far as I know, it's this kit which is the basis for the Eduard kit, though not 100% sure on that.

Ah yes I have forgotten about the ESCI/Italeri kit. Terry is right. But it is still the same ESCI reboxed one.

ECSI_Storch.jpg

Yep, still the same kit. It's not as refined as the very expensive Tamiya kit, but is quite good and a lot can be done with it - also, it can be found for around £15 or approximately $22 -$25, a lot less than Tamiya.

Hey, Guys,
Well, I can find the Storch kit, at least the pricey Tamiya kit. The Lysander kit is more problematic. I can find one Hawk kit on ebay. A search of the eduard site does not indicate that their kit is still in production. Ditto for Italeri. Any ideas guys? Anyone have a kit they would be willing to sell?
Dale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back