1/48 Lysander and Storch?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dneid

Staff Sergeant
Oct 31, 2012
Austin, TX
Hey, All,
I am looking for any leads on both a Westland Lysander and Fiesler Storch in 1/48th scale? I can find a 1/72 Lysander and a 1/32 Storch. I could have sworn I built a 1/48 of each YEARS ago.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Dale

The oldest kit for the Lysander of 1/48 scale and making a bunch of these, is the Hawk kit...

Then a series of reboxed Hawk one by Testors and Italeri...

The next kit of the plane is the Gavia newer one and reboxed by Eduard recently. These seems to be the best replic of the kite so far.

I hope this will help

And for the Fieseler Fi 156C Storch, the old Revell/ESCI kit..

And the Tamiya newer kit that is considered the best one...

There's also a Storch from ESCI/Italeri which can still be found. I have the Italeri Lysander, courtesy of Glenn, which is earmarked to be done as a SOE example, and as far as I know, it's this kit which is the basis for the Eduard kit, though not 100% sure on that.

Ah yes I have forgotten about the ESCI/Italeri kit. Terry is right. But it is still the same ESCI reboxed one.

Yep, still the same kit. It's not as refined as the very expensive Tamiya kit, but is quite good and a lot can be done with it - also, it can be found for around £15 or approximately $22 -$25, a lot less than Tamiya.

Hey, Guys,
Well, I can find the Storch kit, at least the pricey Tamiya kit. The Lysander kit is more problematic. I can find one Hawk kit on ebay. A search of the eduard site does not indicate that their kit is still in production. Ditto for Italeri. Any ideas guys? Anyone have a kit they would be willing to sell?
Dale

Users who are viewing this thread