1/48 Mosquito B Mk. IV - Night War of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ajd3530

Airman
Dec 19, 2015
NE Tennessee, USA
User Name: ajd3530
Name: Alex
Category: Beginner
Kit: Tamiya Mosquito B Mk. IV
Scale: 1/48
Accessories: None planned. OOB

IMG_20160215_134833_edit_1455562144129_zpsnxvsu9gf.jpg

I will be doing this one in tandem with my Spitfire, at least through the interior. I have already been tinkering on this the past couple of days, doing simple snipping and sanding. I plan on doing this OOB. I know I only have 3 weeks to get this done, but these next few weeks will be very slow for me work wise, so I figure I am up for the challenge.

Question for all you RAF/Mosquito aficionados:

IMG_20160216_142926_zpskilyb9le_edit_1455651701755_zpsxezf1d0u.jpg

I am assuming these are the radiator exhaust vents for the Merlins. Should these be positioned open? Or flush with the bottom of the wing?

Many thanks!

Yep ...these are radiator shutters. Closed at ground ( but no rule ) and opened ( no rule as well ) when flying ... how much? ... it was depending on temperature.

Mosquito radiator.jpg

Mosquito_1.jpg

Mosquito_2.jpg

Mosquito_3.jpg

mosquito_4.jpg

mosquito_5.jpg

Last edited:
Been doing a modular construction. My modeling space has really been to chilly to paint in, so I was doing as much constructing as I could in the easy chair in the living room. Finally shooting some paint as week speak. Here is the pieces parts I have together thus far.

IMAG0147_zpsyyoxnjuk.jpg

IMAG0148_zpsgxgw7ur7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back