Hello again my fellow modelers:
Time to present you the advance performed so far during this week on the paint works.
First, I would like to share with you the procedure of the performed masking works that I applied some time ago in another project .
Once I had the kite ready for the paint works, then I proceeded to transfer the camouflage pattern that I liked and then directly from the laptop I scaled this pattern in the screen and then transfer it to a clear film (1) with a marker. In order to confirm that the desired camouflage fitted exactly where desired, this film was presented several times on the surface kite.
Then I used a second media based on a sticky paper that could receive a good amount of paint without destroying it (or worse, that its surface resist the paint adherence and make paint puddles beneath its surface).
This second paper
has a mild glue on the its back and the material on the main face is like the classical Office paper.
Then proceed to cut the desired pattern (image 2 and 3).
Then it was time to begin sticking each piece of camouflage to the kite surface (images 1 to 3). It took me around a week to complete this task. It is relevant to suggest to have tack material to detail and to reinforce some of the camo contours.
At last it was time to begin with the expected paint works with the base RLM 74 colour (image 4).
Ok, after much pondering, after applying the base paint I decided to improve the paint works and applied a further darker RLM 74 colour, following the pattern used on these kites (image 1). On the image 2 it is presented the desired effect where I think that the preshading works are still clearly visible specially on the green surfaces. I know for a fact that after applying the final green and ochre washes, the difference between the green tones will be quite noticeable.
Then in order to quickly remove the tack material, I dropped the kite to the floor..........

.
Man, it was a really bad moment for me. This stupid move was performed due to the rush of finishing as quick as possible (while removing the camo papers) and in parallel also taking an office phone call........

. Even the dogs ran for their lives after my rant......
After the incident, I found that there were several loose pieces inside the closed fuselage that got easily fixed. The main issue is a loose piece inside the cockpit zone (surprise, surprise), that until the final works are completed I will know the seriousness and to acknowledge how to proceed with the fix....

.
Well my friends no matter this event, still I believe that this will be a great project.
Now it's time to begin with the RLM 76 that will be applied by freehand and with a new airbrush that hopefully work nicely and behave itself, due that it has a trigger like a gun and guess that the work will be performed with more precision....

and less strain to the finger that pushes the main lever.
Have a nice week my friends and please stay safe......
Gerry
