++ **** DONE: 1/48 WYVERN S.4 - Military Conflicts of the 1950's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Vic, great to have you back. Lord tundering Jaysus, a month and nothing accomplished. One reason is using an airbrush has forced me to rethink painting sequences like canopy openings etc. Whatever I tried, I couldn't get a satisfactory seal here, seat and control column in the way. Sooooooooo, new also is mounting the canopy before painting the airframe.

002.JPG

Trying to mask around the wiper was a pain in the keester and in the end I gave up and used Maskol

003.JPG

It's now white and resting comfortably. Web site says to let it stand for up to 12hrs before masking so it shall sit as I'm off to PG in 7 minutes. In the meantime, I had some left over primer so I thought I'd start learning how to mottle and my next GB is going to require paint that had been left around the panel lines after the camo had been removed. I had a few good ones and a few that I rushed and everything in between...

001.JPG

...this is with my .3 Tan nozzle, the smallest I have and I think the smallest Testors makes, held maybe half an inch from the surface at about 20ish PSI

Thanks gents. Minor set-back. The yellow I purchased for the stripes, which was supposedly a direct match, is more suited for daffodils even with the white undercoat. I'm trying to avoid using the decals though I've read they work well with a bit of coercion. A web search for Tamiya mixes shows a mix of XF-3 Yellow 95% and XF-7 Red 5%. I'll post picks later to show the differences

goooood job.......This plane never caught my attention, I declined more by the sea fury, it is more of the style of the planes of the WII, this I see more of the end of the war with these designs so original and current because not to say ..., I repeat goooood, job.

For the mottled if you allow me to tell you some things that I always do and that you will know but the same thing goes well, the needle whenever the maximum travel is how you want to paint thick I say, if you remove the diffuser of the airbrush comes much more Thin the line and it is easier to clean the needle, if you paint a long time it is better to do with a brush and a solvent bottle to clean the needle faster, regulate the air at a low pressure and move the hand quickly, Says all this very fast and it seems simple but as you know in all the moteados or serpentillas that I have done I suffered to finish them because it is not easy, but that I can take for granted that you will do a job of those who remove the hiccups like sueles do.
I encourage and have you when you start the new project that surprise us.

Thanks for the tips Sergio. Started adding the stripes. Because the yellow was a mix and I'm out of red, I had to figure a way to stop any possible bleed under of the black(Tamiya German Grey) so I sealed the edge of the tape with clear flat and it worked so far....

001.JPG

....the outer wings will be more challenging as there are a few protrusions and the flaps

Thanks all. Just got home. 6 of 7 days were snow from start of shift to end. To start the tour off, I had straight edges and summer tires and the other 2 graders were down. On the plus side, rumour is we are going to get a 24M, the biggest Cat makes...

View: https://youtu.be/TBA7JfmHKf8

.....anyhoo, I need to get my keester in gear and get this kite finished

Users who are viewing this thread

Back