++ **** DONE: 1/48 WYVERN S.4 - Military Conflicts of the 1950's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I know it's late in the game, and you probably have it already, but if you need anything from this, let me know...

20160928_200141.jpg

Did a test fit of the outer wings to the inner wings.......lets just say I'm glad I'm folding them. Some progress shots or more correctly, half progress shots. Primer never arrived in the mail so I thought I would attack the windscreen. As attached....

001.JPG

....not sure how I'll manage to get the wiper painted....thoughts??? As gently as I could saw the clear from the sprue...

002.jpg

...please note the areas that the sprue could have been attached to that will be covered in paint. The weapons; first wave...

005.JPG

and final assault...

009.JPG

This is after an about 30 minutes with the lady tool, Step 1 & 2...

010.JPG

...Step 3 & 4...

012.JPG

Still not happy as you can still see a wee bit of the attachment point. More work left but first it's grandkid Ezra's 3rd birthday party.

An hours worth of sanding and a bath in Future. What appears to be a scratch isn't. I went downstairs after I down loaded the photo and it's not there. The fuzz on the front was though. Must have picked it up from the paper towel after i covered it. Before and after...

002-jpg.353939.jpg
003.JPG

Nice work on the clear part! I would mask the front of the windshield along the frame line and then pick out the wiper by hand after the mask is removed. A panel wash would help define the edges of the wiper.

Did a nice job on that Geo. Best keep those paper towels away from wet Future and use a drinking glass or can placed over the part to keep the dust off.

Geo, you could try using a fine-tip marker pen to do the windscreen wiper. use the edge of the tip, lightly rubbed across the raised detail, and it should define it well enough, with the transparent material allowing enough 'show through' to create the illusion of a totally opaque blade etc.

Going to get me a lot of help out of this Geo, I've also got this kit and was planning to do it in this GB, but then life got in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back