1/48th Photo etch bullet belts.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ian lanc

Senior Airman
Sep 30, 2007
mansfield, nottinghamshire
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know who makes 1/48th bullet belts/ shells either for the Browning 303 machine gun or the 50 Cal' :?:

I want to add this detail into turrets.

ian.

I did see some in both scales somewhere recently Ian, but I can't remember who makes them - it might have been Eduard. To be honest, for the relatively short lengths you'd need for gun turrets, you'd be better off making the ammo belts yorself, as the PE ones are 'flat' sheet, just etched to the shape of the rounds, rather than full, 3D, 'tubular' rounds with the links. it's fairly easy, just a bit time consuming, and for an even easier 'fix', where feed chutes or ramps are involved, they can be made by scoring strips of lead foil and painting accordingly. I've done a few this way, and unless you get a magnifying glass and really twist around to see them, especially inside a turret, they look very convincing and acceptable.

Last edited:
Now how did that happen?!! I 'clicked' once, and the post went - eventually (the screen froze, and it took about a minute to continue). I came back a minute later to check the supplier details, and there was only one post!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back