1/4th Scale PT-17 Stearman

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CyberTom

Recruit
Nov 22, 2006
This is a 1/4th scale PT-17 Stearman built from a Flair LTD kit. Most notably it has a functioning Robart R780 7-cylinder radial engine. I have attached a short VIDEO of the airplane flying below this picture.

Attachments

• dcp_0880.jpg
    dcp_0880.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 403
  • PT17-BigPlaneFly.wmv
    5.5 MB · Views: 169
Thanks for all of the complements though Robart Manufacturing should take the bow (they built it).

You can give me credit for buying the radial engine, building the airplane, and flying it. Most guys who have that much time, effort and cash invested in a project are too afraid to fly it (it breaks my heart when I see it). I don't believe in Hangar Queens!

I'm glad I could share it with others who like the same kind of stuff. I added the music to the middle of the video because the other 2-stroke stunt planes flying at the time were making so much noise you couldn't hear the radial.

Thanks for all of the complements though Robart Manufacturing should take the bow (they built it).

You can give me credit for buying the radial engine, building the airplane, and flying it. Most guys who have that much time, effort and cash invested in a project are too afraid to fly it (it breaks my heart when I see it). I don't believe in Hangar Queens!

I'm glad I could share it with others who like the same kind of stuff. I added the music to the middle of the video because the other 2-stroke stunt planes flying at the time were making so much noise you couldn't hear the radial.

Didn't even see the video file. Great! Loved the Patton music overdub.

Great looking and sounding PT-17 mate! They must be some of the most beautiful training aircrafts ever built...

They got my vote!! My boss "inherited" one as partial payment for the labor costs when we restored a Norseman not too long ago. If you got 70,000.00USD he'll sell it to you in a heartbeat. I flew it last summer and it was my first open cockpit experience. I'm hooked! If it ain't open you ain't Sh-t. Back to the star of the show....CyberTom that's one gorgeous airplane!!!!! I've always wondered what one of those Mini Radials sounded like, Thanks for the video and the "Patton music" was a nice touch too.

Therefor it is better to make an easy model for training firstly.The training makes a master doesn't it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back