1/70th Saturn V Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So what is the propellant?are there seperate stages? and height of climb?

So what is the propellant?are there seperate stages? and height of climb?

The propellant is a solid rocket propellant and takes about three to four minutes to assemble when you buy the reload kit. The kit comes with rubber "O" rings, solid propellant charges, cardboard tubes to encase the propellant, delay and ejection charges and igniter wire plus plastic cap to hold the igniter wire in place.

The highest altitude expected out of this is only 480ft. Apogee Rockets Here is a link to the site.

Holy snap... this I gotta see.

Why all the scale painting and such? Surely the LEM/or other significant parts are gonna break off, right?

Sorry TBoT, don't want to piss on your parade, but I'm a model guy and hate to see all your detail work go... PHHHT.

Now here's an old classic. It's a OOP model of the Saturn 1B. This is the same rocket Grissum, White and Chaffee died in while running tests on the ground.

I understand the capsule is still locked away in a small shack. I ran into some photos on the Internet some time ago showing this shack with the capsule residing in it.

It's a build in the waiting. And yes it will be built to fly.

Attachments

• Saturn 1B.jpg
    Saturn 1B.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 150
Holy snap... this I gotta see.

Why all the scale painting and such? Surely the LEM/or other significant parts are gonna break off, right?

Sorry TBoT, don't want to piss on your parade, but I'm a model guy and hate to see all your detail work go... PHHHT.

The upper section comes down horizontally on a sling. But getting back to your point, I understand. Lets face it, even flying models spend over 95% of their entire existence on display. I don't build nice cars to let them sit in a fuc*ing garge either. I drag race the SOB's.

I grab the bull by the balls and ride it. You'll get thrown off, it's the nature of the game and you know there's a price to pay, but when you become passionate at what you do and you've got years behind you it does help.

Hell I don't mind if sh*t happens, it's just on to the next project. What happens when you spend all that time and money on that woman and it all goes to piss? You get another one that's what I would do!! Why cry over spilt milk eh?

any chance of posting an AVI or a video link ti U-Tube of the flight. This looks very interesting....There was a guy i read about who built a huge scale model of a saturn V....it flew something like 10km into the air.......needed special clearance to launch....wouldnt fit int his garage apparently....

any chance of posting an AVI or a video link ti U-Tube of the flight. This looks very interesting....There was a guy i read about who built a huge scale model of a saturn V....it flew something like 10km into the air.......needed special clearance to launch....wouldnt fit int his garage apparently....

Steve Evans was his name. It is billed as the worlds largest "model" rocket. By traditional rule and law, a flying model cannot have it's airframe in anyway be constructed of metal. This is generally what differentiates models from full scale RC drones and other full scale aircraft.

Also in our world the definition of a model (flying or static) is a miniature representation of the full scale thing.

But yes it's possible. I'll actually have to locate an area around here in Kent or thereabouts. Local school yards and football fields are too small for this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back