1/72 Academy P-51B 'Scarlet Kate'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You did a great job on the model.I like it very much.The strange look of the cockpit conopy has been caused by the incorrect in shape fuselage.Especially at the area of the engine department and front part.Simply the whole nose from the fire wall section is incorrect.It is quite common for the Academy 1/72 scale kits.Therefore there is always a dilemma of what to do with that.Of course we can correct it in a few ways or leave it as it is.And certainly the way of making ours models depends on us only .Am I right?

YSimply the whole nose from the fire wall section is incorrect.It is quite common for the Academy 1/72 scale kits.Therefore there is always a dilemma of what to do with that.Of course we can correct it in a few ways or leave it as it is.And certainly the way of making ours models depends on us only .Am I right?

Totally right :) Actually I think fixing something like that is beyond my capabilities, or my interest to be honest. I'm quite happy having a model that looks substantially like a P-51B, even if it's not 100% accurate. I built Revell's P-51B at the same time and while it has its own issues, the nose/canopy look better to my eye. Perhaps I'll post pics later.

Thanks again for your comments, much appreciated.

You'r welcome. :)

Yeo..the Revel P-51B/C is much better than the Academy one.But its fuselage is a little bit to short though.

Apologies if my comments insulted. It truly looks so clean that it appears to not be real. As Wurger noted the lines of the model made me think that this might be photoshopped. Especially for 1/72nd scale.

Thanks to Wurger for setting us all straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back