1/72 Eduard Bf109G-10 Regensburg-using Overtrees (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vandee

Senior Airman
741
1,176
Aug 21, 2019
Massachusetts
I have the Overtrees with no PE, masks or instructions. I cannot find a basic Eduard 1/72 Bf109G-10 Regensburg build. The only one is in a their Royal Class kit which uses resin wheels, tail wheel. I am thinking I go with wheels from the 1/72 Eduard Erla Bf109G-10 specifically the last 3 which have small wing bumps as my Regensburg build would have. Does this sound sensible? I checked all other parts and the only hang up I have is wheels and tailwheel. So far I THINK I should use wheels V26, V28, V29 for main gear wheels and U50 for the tail wheel. I believe I figured the exhaust. Thanks for any help.
Bf109G10 Regensburg 1.JPG

Bf109G10 Regensburg 2.JPG
 
Wouldn't be better just to find a pic of the kite you want to replicate? Anyway here below the general view of the Mtt. Regensburg Bf 109G-10. The Eduard 1/48 weekend edition scale kit contains two G-10 to assemble. Both are of the Werk numbers belonged to the Mtt. Regensburg batch 130 XXX. The difference is the rudder. The late one had the rudder with the two additional trim tabs. The kit assembling instruction also attached below.

g10.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 84168.pdf
    9.9 MB · Views: 1
Thanks Wurger. I have a lot of Regensburg images and the 1/48 Regensburg instructions and the Royal Class 1/72 instructions. I have these to compare parts and see what the Regensburg parts LOOKED LIKE by using the 1/48 instructions. I am almost 100% sure what the wheels are the same as the Erla with small bumps would have had smaller wheels as the Regensburg had. I looked at the Erla small bump wheels on the Royal kit then looked at their shape and compared the tread shape and details to the 1/48 Regensburg kit instructions. It's the easiest way I know of and seems to make sense from a "common sense" point of view. Actually what I was hoping for was someone who built a 1/72 Regensburg G-10 from the Overtrees to come along and let me know what they did and what wheels they used off the Overtrees.
 
I have 5 sets of different wheels, 4 long tail wheels, 2 short tail wheels and 7 plus canopies, 2 sets of wings with either large bumps or small bumps on the upper wing and 6 gun sights, 2 props and 2 drop tanks. A Frankenshmitt can definitely be built using your imagination.
 
I have the Overtrees with no PE, masks or instructions. I cannot find a basic Eduard 1/72 Bf109G-10 Regensburg build. The only one is in a their Royal Class kit which uses resin wheels, tail wheel. I am thinking I go with wheels from the 1/72 Eduard Erla Bf109G-10 specifically the last 3 which have small wing bumps as my Regensburg build would have. Does this sound sensible? I checked all other parts and the only hang up I have is wheels and tailwheel. So far I THINK I should use wheels V26, V28, V29 for main gear wheels and U50 for the tail wheel. I believe I figured the exhaust. Thanks for any help.
View attachment 896817
View attachment 896819
Eduard published very useful sheets with descriptions of all types late Bf 109. Their models are primarily based on those descriptions but of course some of the real world a/c may vary. I'm attaching the sheet about Bf 109G-10Mtt.
Cheers!
 

Attachments

  • Info Eduard Late Bf 109G details - BF 109G-10 Mtt.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back