1/72 F4F Wildcat

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PVA is common white glue like Elmers or Lepages. It won't mess up your canopy but, personally, I find it doesn't stick very well either. I've had canopies come off with the masking tape and have since bought me a bottle of Testors Clear Parts Cement which dries crystal clear and makes a strong bond.

I ended up buying a bottle of Testors clear parts cement. I'll be using it on the Mitsubishi Zero that I'm working on currently.

Looks good, but how do these kits compair to say Tamiya or Academy in that scale.

I would think that the Tamiya or Acadamy kits would have better cockpit detail...there is pretty much none in the Hobbyboss kits (their "easy assembly kits" that is). Though I do like the fact that the Hobbyboss kit had one piece fuselage and wing with almost no mold lines. The Hobbyboss Zero I'm building right now is the same. Hey, for less than $10 I'm not complaining!

That's an excellent build - clear, crisp detail, subtle weathering, just all-around pleasing to the eye. Kudos!

I second the use of Testors Window Glue/Maker. It's particularly handy for filling gaps when you have a less-than-perfect fit between canopy and/or fuselage pieces.

I second the use of Testors Window Glue/Maker. It's particularly handy for filling gaps when you have a less-than-perfect fit between canopy and/or fuselage pieces.

Thanks. I never thought of using Testores window glue as filler. I'm working on a 1/72 Revell F8F Bearcat and the wing to body fit is terrible. I'm using Squadron putty to fill but I'm going to try the window glue in the future...

Thanks. I never thought of using Testores window glue as filler. I'm working on a 1/72 Revell F8F Bearcat and the wing to body fit is terrible. I'm using Squadron putty to fill but I'm going to try the window glue in the future...

It really only works on small gaps though. I still use putty for larger ones. The virtue of using it around window areas is that if you get some on the clear plastic, it dries completely clear. If you look closely you can see that there's a bit of glue there but it doesn't craze the plastic like other adhesives. The downside is that it takes a while to cure. I always let mine sit overnight before handling.

I've been modeling for a while and own two air brush's and a compressor but I don't have the courage to use them!
Great job.

Hey, I'm not alone! One day I'll get my gumption up to purchase and learn how to use an airbrush....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back