1/72 F4F Wildcat

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

LA2019

Airman 1st Class
Jan 11, 2009
Finished up my HobbyBoss 1/72 Wildcat. Built out of the box and hand painted (I haven't gotten up the courage to buy and use an airbrush!). Overall I'm happy with the outcome except for the canopy. I don't know what I was thinking but I used super glue by accident instead of the while glue I normally use and it slightly fogged the plastic...I don't know what I was thinking. Oh well, I'm still happy with it.......

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2861.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

Very Nice :D

Looks like a good little kit.
I have used PVA glue sometimes on canopies dries clear and doesn't attack the plastic.

Cheers
Mike

Thanks for all of the comments guys.

Mike, what is "PVA" glue? I've never heardof it....

PVA is common white glue like Elmers or Lepages. It won't mess up your canopy but, personally, I find it doesn't stick very well either. I've had canopies come off with the masking tape and have since bought me a bottle of Testors Clear Parts Cement which dries crystal clear and makes a strong bond.

If you like using CA glue, you can avoid fogging the glazing by dipping the clear parts in Future and letting them dry before gluing them on.

Sorry didn't see your reply :oops:
Looks like Crimea River has the answer, must look for that Testors Cement my self :)

I think I only used the PVA when I had complete the kit, as said it's not a strong bond and may not take a lot of handling

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back