1/72 Hasegawa, Kawanishi N1K1, 1st Prototype

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is how the two components looked, after applying the matt varnish layer ...

... working to make the rear support of the antenna cable.

... a bit of structural ingenuity to get the propeller aligned and centered with respect to space in cowling. A bit of difficulty because of the depth of the engine and the relatively small space to make it fit the part of the propeller in the engine ...

Now, they are already minimal details to conclude this pleasant experience in the reencounter with the scale 1/72 and part of everything that can be achieved with the development and progress of modeling in the last 30 years!

I believe that this will be the last sequence of our N1K1, leaving the place of creation in a whole body pics.
... some more details, possibly and once finished to 100%, I´ll look for an ecenary in the garden with natural light, to upload the photos to "La Galería de SANCER" in the corresponding section.

Espero les haya gustado y pasado un rato agradable

Greetings and we keep in touch.

I like that Luis while I am working on a big girl I am looking at some 1/72 kits for some quick builds

I like that Luis while I am working on a big girl I am looking at some 1/72 kits for some quick builds
Notice that this is a good practice ... It's what I did, being at 85% with my B-25. I enjoyed the break with this 1/72

You did very well converting this to the prototype Luis.....Bravo!!!
Gracias amigo!!

I liked discovering that also in this scale one can have fun, learn and spend less time during the process (hahaha, I even laughed, after seeing what I dared to say), but, ... I already begin to accept this : .. "I can not get the time to build them faster", ... Therefore, I prefer the satisfaction of having made a good attempt.
Saludos

Last edited:

Thank you for your comments, my dear Terry. I know that you have been an authority in 1/48 (I think I have not seen any flying girl from yours in 1/72, yet)

Here I leave the last "juggling" to create the crystal of the sight lights:

The last couple of photos of this thread, sharing the stage with her cousin 1/48 Nakajima A6M2-N type-2 (float plane) "RUFE"

There is a clear difference in sizes.

I appreciate the great collaboration and participation of all of you, with your visits, contributions, advice and kind comments.

There were a total of 220 images that made up this workbench

This "meanwhile" during the conclusion of our B-25 "Shark Mouth" and for a little over a month, allowed me to learn a lot from this seaplane and make confidence for future projects that may arise in 1/72.

In a few moments I start to upload the final photographs of this beautiful seabird in "La Galería de SANCER" ... we'll see you there!

Thanks again, we keep in touch, take care of yourself and keep the fun going.

Saludos cordiales
Luis Carlos

Thank you, guys from the forum, ... Geo, Kevin, Dr. Huge, Paulo, Wojtek, ...

The information, advice, support and healthy camaraderie led us to another good result. Thank you for all your visits and I remain open to your comments.

Gracias y seguimos en contacto
Luis Carlos

Hello again, you will know that this N1K1, was one of the three projects with which I participated in the past XXXIV National Modeling IPMS Mexico 2018, held from 12 to 14 of this month of October.

For the first time I do it with 3 models. In the three previous editions I participated with 2 in each one.

These were the participants of this year:

So she traveled to the Hotel Del Prado (venue of the event) ... and shared a flight seat with my B-25G

I am pleased to inform you that our first 1/72 (in this new era for me, among all in 1/48) got the 2nd place in the category # 09 "monoplanes single-engine propeller 1/72 scale"

It's the best place I've got with a model of mine in its category. It participated along with 93 models belonging to that category.

It is a moment of great satisfaction and pride that I share with all of you, because it is clear to me that it was a fun team effort, where all of you contributed to make it a reality.

Saludos cordiales a todos y gracias por sus visitas y comentarios

Users who are viewing this thread