1:72 Lioré & Olivier LeO 451

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks for the update - it certainly sounds like you've been busy in the meantime! I'd definitely love to see the new photos as well.

Thank you for your kind offer of info - I'll bear that in mind as my attempt at this kit is going to be a slow process. I did start gathering some info and looking at other builds on the internet a couple of years ago, but that's really as far as things went. I was considering sanding off the raised detail and instead of re-scribing the panel lines, drawing them on the painted model with faint pencil lines - sounds weird but I've seen it done and it can look very effective.

Looking forward to seeing an update in due course, and in the meantime I'm going back to page 1 and reading through again.

Kind regards,
Mark
Mark, thank you for the kind words!
Yes, this model is a slow build if you start changing elements or detailing them. It could be a very fast one, if you just build it OOB, but where is the fun, right?
There are several builds by French modellers with an enormous level of detailing of the interior. Some others, as mentioned in my earlier posts deal with the fuselage, landing gear, empennage, armament etc. I tried to combine the information I found and use what I think is good for me, adding my own details as well, but still trying to remain below my "level of respective incompetence".;)
I'm sure you'll find for yourself what to follow, what to copy and what to do in your own (different) way.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Tony, some of the details I describe in my thread are heavilly based on one of your builds (e.g. landing gear). You might have seen here the way I have chosen (no aftermarket) and the respective differences in comparison to your build. Your approach though combined with some more from the forum you mention, gave me a couple of ideas I decided to implement into my own model.
Cheers!

I think you're flattering me enormously there, sir... I've had a breeze through your whole WIP and I can't see any influence I might have had. We both noticed the two different kinds of landing gear but give your attention to detail I reckon you'd have spotted that without my help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back