100 Plus Missions

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Boom

Airman
47
73
May 18, 2024
Regional NSW
Curious as to how many bombers, of any nation, completed 100 or more missions during WWII. A quick check online shows claims of numerous B-25, B-26, B-17 and B-24 doing so, but no actual listing of aircraft for such claims. In each case only a few aircraft are specifically detailed.

I have the book 'Ton Up Lancs', which details the 35 that completed 100 or more missions. Any other books with hard facts on other types?
 
Curious as to how many bombers, of any nation, completed 100 or more missions during WWII.
Many Soviet pilots from light night bomber regiments (Po-2) flew several hundred missions. For example, Irina Sebrova flew more than 1,000 missions, and Natalya Meklin (Kravtsova) flew 980.
Pavel Plotnikov (SB, Ar-2, Pe-2, A-20) flew 344 missions, and Vasily Reshetnikov (Il-4, later commanded the Soviet Long-Range Aviation) flew 307.
It is necessary to specify which bombers are being referred to; otherwise, the list - taking Soviet pilots into account - will be very long.
 
Not interested in the people. I know that many German and Soviet airmen flew literally hundreds of missions.

I'm after documented details of the 'aircraft' types that flew 100 or more missions.
 
Fantastic bf109. Just what I was hoping for. Many thank,s greatly appreciated
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back