100 Years of British Trams....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You can't fool me! That's the night bus from Harry Potter

Nah, it's one level too short. The REAL Knight Bus is here in Florida, at Universal Studios. ;)

knightbus-front.jpg

-Irish

I can just to say remember trolleybuses ( electrically driven bus using rubber tyres and overhead power lines) when I was a child, the trams had gone although I went on one at Beamish museum. You could still see the lines they used for years. At first they just filled over the road with hardcore and asphalt so eventually the tram lines wore through. below a trolleybus
1616724945287.png

Electric busses were used on several routes in New Orleans until the late 1950s. They were not double deck but were very wide and very heavy. Because of they weight, they were stiffly sprung and bounced. The rear seat was about 8 ft. wide and on rough streets passengers would bounce quite high. Friends and I had always wanted to ride on that seat, but because of segregation laws we had to ride in front. After buss desegregation laws we got our chance. At night, in an empty buss at speed, it was a ride that at an amusement park you would have to pay more that 7 cents. Yes, buss fare was 7 cents in the 50s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back