109 center of gravity? and ..

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

madrebel

Airman
Dec 10, 2009
Trying to track down german sourced data showing where the CoG for 109s is supposed to be anyone have this info?

E through G would be helpful.

Also what was the wing incidence angle?

Thanks.

so with all the information around painstakingly detailing every aspect of the 109 nobody knows the angle at which the wing is mounted vs the fuselage and nobody knows where the fully loaded center of gravity was?

all i've managed to find was pilot accounts saying 109s were tail heavy.

for starters

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 391
I don't believe you are asking the right question: What you REALLY want to know is where the CoG is for empty equipped. Does "Fully Loaded" mean normal loaded weight, or maximum take-off weight? The term "Fully Loaded" may mean different things to different people. Also even at the same weights, the location of the loads may be different: Max Take-Off weight with full fuel or a bomb and partial fuel?

The CoG is listed as percentage of Mean Chord in the Me 109E stats above.

As for angle of incidence, there are a few drawings I have seen that show the fuselage with the wing removed. From those, you can gather the line between leading and trailing edges and plot against the fuselage center line. If I can find mine, I will post the drawings. As for CoG vertical location, I don't know of any source for the data.

I also will need to round up this data eventually for a Me 109G-10 or K-4.

- Ivan.

full normal combat weight i guess is what i mean. 400l fuel, armament, and ammo (no gondies, no rack, no stores). pilot weight would be an assumed 75kgs average i would guess.

i don't think i have ever seen a side profile shot without the wing. i have seen a frontal pic with wings and engine removed though but that doesn't help.

Trying to track down german sourced data showing where the CoG for 109s is supposed to be anyone have this info?

E through G would be helpful.

Also what was the wing incidence angle?

Thanks.

Here for the 109 E3

109e3_10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back