Viking1066
Brigadier General
Convair 580 'N113AP' 1985 AIRH
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I worked on that airframe when it flew for Republic and Northwest Airlines. I may have Taxied it also. My Crew Chief who loved those planes took me out for qualification a few weeks before they were retired as an excuse to spend more time in them before they were sold off in the early 1990's. The only other large turboprop I had taxied before was my prior employers YS-11's. The 580's had so much more power and handled like a sports car in comparison. Even if many of the systems were similar. Thanks for the memories.Convair 580 'N113AP' 1985 AIRH
View attachment 877199
Rob, here is a Picture of one of the 2 YS-11's in Simmonds Airlines colors, fresh out of the paint shop in 1984. We operated 6 airframes, and had another hangar queen used for spare parts. We were an odd airline operating as both Republic Express, and American Eagle, 2 of the remaining YS-11 airframes were painted in the RE or AE colors, but if one of those had an issue they could not be operated on the competitors routes, that is why the 2 YS-11's and around 6 Shorts 360's were still painted in Simmons Airlines colors, they could be used on both the Republic Express or the American Eagle routes without violating either contract.I got to passenger in YS-11 in '82 or '83. I didn't know what it was untilShinpachi answered my query. I only remembered it being a Mitsubishi.
Is that an F-80 to its left?Dassault MD-454 Mystere IVA '113' 1991 AIRH
View attachment 877420
Yes sir.Is that an F-80 to its left?