1918-1939 The eBay finds (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Caproni Ca.165

s-l1600.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks to be a P-26 from the 34th Pursuit Squadron, 17th Pursuit Group, I believe they were based at Selfridge USAAC field in Michigan. I think I recognize the hangars in the background from the old airbase section of the Battle Creek MI Kellogg Field airport that we used to fly in for Pancakes back in the early 1970's. Here is a picture with what I think are the same hangars taken in the 1960's according to the caption. So not in Canada IMO. What do you all think, the same Hangars? Only 30 years older?
Canberra_side_view_-SN_52-1478-_061026-F-1234P-005.jpg

source Warplane Survivors USA: Michigan

I also like the PW-8's on ski's also posted on that site!

:thumbright:

Not Czech but the Slovak Aviation Corps ( SLeSU ). The Letov Š.239.3 also was used for aviation day shows. IMHO the pic above was taken on a such day. The kite was flown by Ján Chupek, a Slovak pilot who who performed the cheerful number "Detvanec" during the airshow. From among the spectators, despite the protests of the organizers, he made his way to the plane, got into it and took off. Of course, not as an experienced pilot, but as a person who has never flown before. So the take-off, flight and landing looked appropriate.He died in the Klemm KL35D crash together with Major Kočmerževski on April 20, 1942.

The info and pics .. Letov Š-239.3 SLeSu

OK-LEC in 1936
lec_a.jpg

OK-LEC in 1939 or 1940
lec_b.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back