20 mm rounds for Hispano cannon

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
Hi,
does anybody have any suggestion on how to make 20 mm rounds?
The scale is 1:32 and the cannon was belt feed.
The only idea that came to my mind was to cut to measure pieces of tiny copper wire and glue them to a little strip of lead foil, but may be there is something better, or something already made on aftermarket.
Thanks in advance for any help
Alberto

Hi,
does anybody have any suggestion on how to make 20 mm rounds?
The scale is 1:32 and the cannon was belt feed.
The only idea that came to my mind was to cut to measure pieces of tiny copper wire and glue them to a little strip of lead foil, but may be there is something better, or something already made on aftermarket.
Thanks in advance for any help
Alberto

The scale isn't exact as it's intended for 1:35 armor but take a look at these:

Mission Models 20mm Brass Flak Shells mm 05 - $16.00 : ww2-Resources, 1/35 scale AFVs, Metal Barrels, Tow Cables, Tracks, Resin Figures, Equipment, Weapons, Ammo, Models

You're only off by 10% on the scaling so it's a reasonable match and probably better than you would do with wire. I couldn't find anything in the way of aftermarket ammo belts but I did find some ammo cases for 20mm in 1/32 scale.

I would use foil wrapping from a wine bottle cut to size for the belts. Flexible enough for your purposes.

Some good links there Dwight (no pun intended! Links = belts!!).
Last time I made ammo belts, both .303, .50 and 20mm, I cut lengths of stretched sprue, 'sharpened' the end of each, as you would a pencil, and glued them onto a strip of lead foil from, as Dwight suggested, a wine bottle. The sprue was initially cut over sized, and then cut to length once all the induvidual 'rounds' had been glued to the foil - much easier and more accurate that way!
Each round was individually painted, including the heads, and then the cases received a thin black strip to represent the top of the disintegrating link. They weren't perfect, it was time consuming, but they looked good enough once in place.

Many thanks for all suggestions.
For this time I ordered those supplied by Symbionis Gmbh, it's also an opportunity to test a new supplier as I added something else to my order.
As soon I'ready I will post photos of the gun (already made with the rounds belt.
Cheers
Alberto

Many thanks for all suggestions.
For this time I ordered those supplied by Symbionis Gmbh, it's also an opportunity to test a new supplier as I added something else to my order.
As soon I'ready I will post photos of the gun (already made with the rounds belt.
Cheers
Alberto

Alberto, I'm confused. AFAIK Symbionis Gmbh is a website and software company that provides payment resources for other on-line websites (thru PayPal).

So who did you actually buy the ammo/belts from and how about a link to their stuff?

Alberto, I'm confused. AFAIK Symbionis Gmbh is a website and software company that provides payment resources for other on-line websites (thru PayPal).

So who did you actually buy the ammo/belts from and how about a link to their stuff?

Yes, you are right, I got the confirmation from them but the supplier is JBModel.eu as suggested by kgambit
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back