30mm Hispano Suiza guns.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CharlesBronson

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 11, 2005
Cordoba - Argentina
I am looking for photos or drawings of the HS 30mm guns of the 1946-1965 period, I now a type HS 830 i think was used in the swiss fighter prototype FFA-p16 and other in argentine and Italian designs. So far I ve found nothing, any help will be very very preciated.

The only thing I could find was an experimental one:
But the Hs 825 is the on used in the FFA-p16 I believe.

MG-1-493-59.jpg

Hispano-Suiza 30-mm Automatic Aircraft Cannon.
This is an Experimental Model Manufactured in France.

HyperWar: The Machine Gun (Vol. I)

Last edited:
Thank you friends, from what I can see there the 30mm Hispanos never entered in series production for aircraft . Am I correct ?

I said "for aircraft" because the argentine army had Hispanos 30mm but as light AAA guns. Found no much about those either.

Thank you friends, from what I can see there the 30mm Hispanos never entered in series production for aircraft . Am I correct ?
It seems that You are correct.
Dfense
Les armements aéronautiques, (hors missiles), coordination ICA Jean Tugayé. Paris, CHEAr/DHAr, juin 2006. ISBN 2-7170-1024-4
They stated that 30-mm gun for aircraft, later well-known as DEFA, was developed on the basis od Mauser gun.

The story of HS 830 is described here:
Dfense
Vol. 8.2 (pages 61-64) and 8.2 (pages 37-38 )

Thanks Tzaw1 , the FMA ( argentine military factory for aviation) bought HS - some in 1961, those are describe simply as " 5 cañones hispano suiza de 30mm para experimentation", despite my repeated search in the archives availble in the factory museum I ve found nothing of what type they were and/or in wich airplane they installed those.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back