35 years ago ...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ARTESH

Chief Master Sergeant
Aug 27, 2017
Tehran, Iran
... Aerial bombardment of the city of Arak --- 1986/27/07 (05/05/1365)

The city of Arak was attacked 77 times by the Iraqi Ba'athist army during the Iran-Iraq War, among which the most severe of these attacks took place on July 27, 1986. The bombardment targeted the factories of "Iran Aluminum Company", "Pars Wagon Company" and "Azarab" as well as the City itself, Killed 77 and left at least 500 Wounded.

Arak-1.jpg
Arak-2.jpg
Arak-3.jpg
Arak-4.jpg
Arak-5.jpg
Arak-6.jpg

I don't remember hearing too much about that war over here other than the fact that it was going on. But then again I was still away in collage at the time and didn't pay too much attention to the outside world then.
Unlike what the regime says, Iran-Iraq War was never covered by any foreign News Agency, The very few journalists that were allowed to be active, never seen the real battlefields and were banned to talk with Army personnel. On the other hand, The Cold War was more interesting than an ongoing war in a place that almost 99.99% of the country (both East and West ones, I mean) can not pronounce thier names or even don't know where are those countries. There was no money in this!!!

After the war ended, The regime's propaganda was focused on religion and the newly formed militia, IRGC. The Army was erased from history, books, videos, cassettes, and anything and anywhere!!! Hundreds of Thousands Billions Dollars were spent to ruin the Army and change History in a way that pleases them.

I remember a lot about the air war and when Iraq used gas to attack the Iranian forces.
Well, I just talking about why there are not much books / medias about this war in English or any other language. Unlike that Army have published many Historical books, people prefer myths and lies.

Some dates stick in your memory for all sorts of reasons. On 26 July 1986 I was flying back from Japan to get married. Before I went to Japan I was in Saudi Arabia's eastern province, I went back to Saudi in 1988/89 and it was obvious to me even doing my job something was going to really kick off in the region.

ARTESH ARTESH I spent 1988/9 running a test house in Saudi Arabia doing welding qualification tests for the IPSA II pipeline and other "stuff" like the tanker jetties in Yanbu. The IPSA II pipeline was to take oil from Iraq to the Red Sea across Saudi Arabia. IPSA means Iraqi pipeline across Saudi Arabia. I left in March 1989 went to Germany and then I started a job in Paris on Bastille day 1989 one year later much of the stuff I had seen going up the road to Jubail to support the Iraqis in the Iran Iraq war was turned around and used against the Saudi.

A whole year of my life doing nothing of any use at all but I was paid for it Iraqi Pipeline in Saudi Arabia (IPSA) - Global Energy Monitor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back