625 squadron

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My father was shot down on these dates on way or returning from Stutgart. The pilot on this aircraft was P/O Tuck and they left from Kelstern. He was taken prisoner and sent to Stalag I.

Janet
Hi Janet,

No doubt you have already seen this, but if not, please see the report on your fathers crew: 28/29.07.1944 625 Squadron Lancaster I LL962 CF-U F/O. Harry Humphrey Tuck DFC

If you feel there is anything you can further contribute to this report, like photos, documents or a detailed biography of your father, then please contact me.

Thanks,
Mike.

Hi Terry,

Are you still in touch with Jupiter by any chance? It would be great to have a chat to him to compare notes on 625 Squadron?

Thanks,
Mike.

Hi Wittman45,

I am not sure I you would have seen this or not but his is a report we recently put together for your Great Uncles Crew: 10/11.04.1945 No. 625 Squadron Lancaster I PD204 CF-P2 F/O Joseph Fred Mooney DSO

If you feel you could contribute anything further, like photos, documents or biographies, then I would love to hear from you.

Thanks,
Mike.

Hi Jason,

Not sure if you are aware of this or not but your late grandfather was shot down over the North Sea on late August 1944 with Fl/Lt Etchells. You can see a report on this action here:
156 Squadron Lancaster III PB302 GT-B Fl/Lt. Etchells, RAF Upwood, North Sea, ASR success

Sadly, S/L Nichols was killed in late March 1944. Here is their report: 625 Squadron Lancaster III W5009 CF-Z Sqn.Ldr. Nicholls, RAF Kelstern, Udenbreth
I would certainly be interested in getting a copy of his logbook etc to see if there is anything further we could add to either of these reports? Additionally, any other photos or documents could me most helpful.

Where are you in Australia? I am in Sydney...

Thanks and I hope to hear back from you soon.
Mike

Hi Jane,

I work with a team who primarily researches the 625 Squadron, of whole my Great Uncle was a member. If you could please contact me about your father that would be greatly appreciated. We would like to possibly put together a report about him as an "Unsung Hero" of this Squadron - too date the majority of our work has been around those crews who were lost, We are now trying to broaden this.

Thanks, I hope to hear from you soon.
Mike.

Hi James,

If you could please contact me about your Great Uncle we can look at hopefully putting an Aircrew Remembered Report together for him and his crew.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Mike.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your message above. I would be most interested to speak with you about your brother, and also about the letter you mention above. If you could please contact me at your earliest convenience that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike.

Users who are viewing this thread