A few questions about Bf-109

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think that they never run out of ammo (damn!).
And I keep wondering how those guys of the fighters manage to see me when I approach from 6 o´clock low. And, as Grau said, how the enemy can see trough clouds and night and aim so good.

With a/c with mixed armament it's pretty obvious when the run out of one type as almost all the AI's fire all guns. When a Spitfires only firing MG's its cannons are empty.

I'm pretty sure they do run out of ammo. My (AI) wingmen told me so plenty times.

What annoys me though is that they are not using the same model as you are: They always do a perfect tractor beam landing even if they are missing an aileron or the vertical stabilizer. I also find it rather stupid that they can dive away from you and pull up almost instantly, but if you followed them at the same speed and pull the same angles you black out.

Answer to Kool Kitty: YES, AI´s fighters run out of ammo, but bombers and AA do not so.
Answer to Krazykaut: you bring releief to mi disperate soul, I always wonder why I can not follow those hard divings and climbings and they can perform it all the time (especially russian fighters); they are beyond the laws of physics and it is not even matter of black out; my plane just can´t do those maneuvres.

I knew the AI's were immune to black/red outs.

Another thing, previously a comment was made about closing the radiator to limit damage: the liquid cooling systems are not modeled in Il-2, although oddly, the oil cooler and oil tank are modeled. (I started a thread about the radiator damage modeling issue)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back