A REPLACEMENT FOR "FUTURE"?

fubar57

General
37,495
27,260
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Location
The Jungles of Canada
Saw this in the local COOP grocery store and thought I would give it a whirl. This is two brush coats...

025.JPG


026.JPG


...it appear to have a lot more fluidity, at least with a brush as it created some slight pools. I'll go downstairs in a bit(about an hour after applying it and see how it is setting. I'll do another test tomorrow with less liquid on the brush. Notice that it says "with Future shine".

Geo
 
Interesting. In the UK, 'Future' was originally known as Johnson's 'Klear', and was a crystal-clear liquid, in a clear bottle.
It was then replaced by Pledge, with Klear, which is now a milky liquid, in a white, opaque bottle. Although it dries clear, it's nowhere near as good, and 'goes off', turning a pale brownish-yellow colour.
Looks like yours is better, and just an 'improved' version of the original. Why companies insist on trying to boost sales by re-marketing a product as 'New and Improved' is beyond me - if it ain't bl**dy bust, don't bl**dy fix it !!
 
Me too. Takes forever to use it up. Anybody thin it? It gets thicker and cloudier the older it gets. It can be reduced with rubbing alcohol and I haven't tried that, but sometimes I shoot straight alcohol over it if it orange-peels.
 
I've not had to thin it yet. Still pretty watery. Every now and then I give it a good shake.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back