a request from our Aussie/New Zealand friends

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich

the old Sage
May 20, 2004
Platonic Sphere
this Kriegsmarine Aux cruiser sailed in your waters carrying an Ar 196 and at one time a Japanese Recon float plane in her service.

what I am asking our fine members to do if possible is find me a copy of :

WEYHER, KURT EHRLICH, HANS JÜRGEN The Black Raider

this is about the raider Orion, and in 17 months of service she had quite the career getting back to Germany in one piece and then as a training ship and finally moving German military/civilians out of Soviet hands back to Germany/Denmark

if you guys stumble onto something with any luck please send me a private if you would. copyright on this book is 1955 but my understanding it is still offered in your area(s), as I cannot find a copy here in the States.

many thanks

E ~

Mark there is no way I am going to pay the price on the bottom listing and I do not see where the top 4 sellers send overseas except just to ship locally, guess I am not seeing this information for overseas

thanks for the help so far

E `

Yeah, that last bookseller is definitely taking the Mickey.

If you click on the individual links to the books, another page appears with a "check rates" link on it. I tried the first NZ seller - there's a Choose Country drop-down list on which the US appears (think $15 for fast, $13 for slow).

Just to be sure, I've sent them (Kauri Books) an email to see if they'll ship to the U.S. Will post here when I get a reply.

Abebooks is pretty good. I ordered a 627 Squadron history off a bookshop in the U.K. via Abebooks recently - the shipping rates they'd quoted weren't from Australia, so I got an automated message allowing me to accept / reject additional shipping charges of 4 quid.

I reckon it'll be fine, but I'll let you know what the Kauri guys say. Reckon you'll be able to get a copy for around $35 US all up, at your door.

Hi Again E:

The bookshop has already emailed me back - yes, they ship to the states no worries.

I'll forward the email to you, but you'll have to order through abebooks so far as I know.

Yeah, that last bookseller is definitely taking the Mickey.

If you click on the individual links to the books, another page appears with a "check rates" link on it. I tried the first NZ seller - there's a Choose Country drop-down list on which the US appears (think $15 for fast, $13 for slow).

Try the second one onthe list - Bookseller: G. L. Green Ltd, Hertfordshire, UK

Their rate says $5.73 for shipping to the US.

thanks guys for your support in this matter, order is on the way...........

Erich ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back