A6M5c

typhoonken

Airman
21
4
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Location
New Jersey USA
this is one of only two kits I completed last year...
2006builds001.jpg


2006builds002.jpg


2006builds004.jpg


Added alot of PE in the cockpit but it got swallowed up when the fuselage went together.

I like to model somewhat anonymous planes, but ones that definately saw action. I found it tough to find A6M5c's pictures from frontline, combat units.

Ken
 
Beautifull work!!!!
 
Thanks, guys.

This is a Tamiya 1/48th A6M5c kit from the early 1980s. Some recessed, some raised panel lines.
Markings are for the restructured Air Group 252, 1944-45. Since this model of Zero only reached service by November 1944, it would have been based in the home islands fending off carrier air attacks. Later the unit moved to Korea to defend against B-29 raids.

That all being said, I was able to come up with only one picture of this Group's aircraft type in use.

Ken
 
Hey Typhoonken, looks great well done...
 
Zippythehog Zippythehog Arise dead thread arise!!!!
 
this is one of only two kits I completed last year...
View attachment 388469

View attachment 388470

View attachment 388471

Added alot of PE in the cockpit but it got swallowed up when the fuselage went together.

I like to model somewhat anonymous planes, but ones that definately saw action. I found it tough to find A6M5c's pictures from frontline, combat units.

Ken
Great Zero
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back