About the NATO reporting names for the Su-27SM and the J-7

As far as I know the whole Su-24 family has the NATO name Fencer. The M and M2 got the same code as Fencer D but not G. Unless they chaged something recently. The Su-24MR is Fencer-E and Su-24MP Fencer F. The Su-25SM3 is just noted in my notebook as the Frogfoot. No additionall letter.
 
The general NATO name for the An72 family is Coaler. The An-72 was Coaler A while the other planes of the family Coaler C. I don't have anything for the Tu-214SR and PU. Being retired for quite many years my data may not be updated fully.

Have you seen that site?

yes
 
The source is my old book used when I was servicing in the Polish Air Force for my personal training. As memo serves the JJ-7 and its variants were classified as the MiG-21UM training plane and was of the NATO code Mongol B same like Russian one. Chengdu J-7E was of the NATO code Fishcan D. Not sure abot the J-7G though because there is the "Fishcan" word only for the version in my notes.
I love the Nato reporting names. I'm rather fond of Nato too.
 
And do you heard reporting name for Harbin SH-5, Beriev Be-200, Ansat helicopter and iraqi AWACS variants of II-76?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back