Adult Debate

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Too serious for This thread.

I am a dual, USA and AUS............. born in the US moved here at 58, worked till I was 70.
It's not easy finding a job at 58 in CA! Here I chose to retire at 70!
Since moving here and been back twice in the last 5 years and have discovered just how different it is than I remembered.
Most Americans don't realize just what they have, and perhaps it's just Too much.
It's a simpler life here.

It's amazing how many people don't get the world extends beyond the borders of the United States.
To be honest, people in any country have a perception of the world based on what they're exposed to.
When I was in Eastern Europe, some of the most common questions I was asked when they found out I was from California, were how good was Budweiser beer, what did I think of the 130kph speed limit and how many movie stars did I know.

I was born here in the USA. While not all membership is American, we can all say that we don't live life under a dictatorship. Thank God we're not Russian or Chinese or North Korean residents. Oh, I forgot. Our forum is probably banned there.

I was born here in the USA. While not all membership is American, we can all say that we don't live life under a dictatorship. Thank God we're not Russian or Chinese or North Korean residents. Oh, I forgot. Our forum is probably banned there.
We have a few Russian members and I seem to recall a member who was Chinese.
North Korean, I'm pretty sure that'll never happen, given that they aren't allowed to do the interwebs.

Users who are viewing this thread