Advice on IJN campagin.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You got the iron gunsight to swing up into position by pressing Ctrl+D?

That should be the default for reticle dimmer, which does work on the KI-43 and KI-61...not sure about the other Japanese aircraft.

Last edited:
CTRL D only moves the shade that covers the gunsight on the Japanese aircraft.
The iron gunsight is not player controllable. It only pops up when the other sight is damaged.
Sometimes the iron gunsight pop up but it doesn't show that the original gunsight is damaged.
I was told the reason that this happens is that some of the damage models for the gunsight were not added.

Wheels

This was the original question:
Sorry again to bug you guys, I'm stuck in how to open the gunsight on the Ki-43 Oscar. I've looked through the controls, but can't seem to open it.
And was in reference to the iron sight that is found in the Japanese aircraft.
That is corrects Amsel. :thumbright:
GG asked about the iron gunsight and I was addressing that too.

Wheelsup
I think what kind of confused everyone, is that I was referring to the "cover" of the Japanese prismatic sight as a "lense shade", like the German aircraft have. But hey, it looks the same to me! :lol:

I think it's kind of stupid to have the iron sight just "pop up" when you get damaged like that. I wonder if anyone has come up with a mod to control it yet?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back