Aftermarket Bf109E seat in 1/32nd scale?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Does anyone know of an aftermarket resin seat, in 1/32nd scale, For the Bf109E, which is still available?
I know the seat is included in the two cockpit sets currently available, but, apart from the extra cost, I probably wouldn't require the other parts, as the Hasegawa kit parts can be enhanced to a reasonable standard.
If there isn't one, it's either try to mould one, or get the full cockpit set I guess!

Does anyone know of an aftermarket resin seat, in 1/32nd scale, For the Bf109E, which is still available?
I know the seat is included in the two cockpit sets currently available, but, apart from the extra cost, I probably wouldn't require the other parts, as the Hasegawa kit parts can be enhanced to a reasonable standard.
If there isn't one, it's either try to mould one, or get the full cockpit set I guess!

Cutting Edge makes FOUR variations (with belts, w/o belts, with pads and w/o pads). Not sure about availability. Here's a link to the descriptions.

1/32 Cutting Edge page

CEC32107
1/32 Bf-109E seat without pads and without seatbelts

CEC32108
1/32 Bf-109E seat with pads but without seatbelts

CEC32111
1/32 Bf-109E Pilot's seat with pads and molded in seat belts

CEC32112
1/32 Bf-109E Pilot's seat without pads BUT with molded in seat belts

You'll have to scroll down a bit on the link to find them.

Last edited:
Heck Dwight, that was quick! Thanks for the info mate. I've been looking around for either of the seats without belts, but as far as I can establish, the Cutting Edge items are no longer available. I'll keep looking though, as I'll need at least two for the Hasegawa kits.
I might be able to mould the main shell from plastic card, and then 'dress' the edges with stretched sprue or whatever. Second choice is to use a Matchbox seat, and try to make a mould to produce resin examples, but that could turn out expensive, in relation to a full cockpit set!
Oh, the joys of modelling!

Heck Dwight, that was quick! Thanks for the info mate. I've been looking around for either of the seats without belts, but as far as I can establish, the Cutting Edge items are no longer available. I'll keep looking though, as I'll need at least two for the Hasegawa kits.
I might be able to mould the main shell from plastic card, and then 'dress' the edges with stretched sprue or whatever. Second choice is to use a Matchbox seat, and try to make a mould to produce resin examples, but that could turn out expensive, in relation to a full cockpit set!
Oh, the joys of modelling!

Glad to help Terry :) I'm coming empty on actually FINDING the parts though. It looks like you might be right about those parts being unavailable except in some extremely rare cases.

Unfortunately, Cutting Edge was part of Meteor Productions, which went out of business a while back, due to a very messy divorce. It's too bad, he had some really nice stuff.

Thanks Bob, I thought they'd gone. Shame, for as you mentioned, they had some very nice stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back