AH-4 Apache vs black hawk (1 Viewer)

Who would win

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am curious of what you think.
One's a combat bird designed to destroy ground targets and provide air support to ground forces.

The other's an excellent transport that I enjoyed riding on while hanging out the door with a M-60D to hand as OPFOR at Hohenfels.

SO the real question is what's your mission? One can't do what the other can do.

One's a combat bird designed to destroy ground targets and provide air support to ground forces.

The other's an excellent transport that I enjoyed riding on while hanging out the door with a M-60D to hand as OPFOR at Hohenfels.

SO the real question is what's your mission? One can't do what the other can do.

Technically the Black Hawk can perform the role of the Apache. The external pylons can carry hellfire missiles.

The 160th SOAR has MH-60L DAP, which is capable of carrying configurations of the M230 Chain Gun 30 mm automatic cannon, 19-shot Hydra 70 rocket pod, AGM-114 Hellfire missiles, AIM-92 Stinger air-to-air missiles, GAU-19 gun pods, and M134 mini gun pods, M134D miniguns are used as door guns.

However this is a special operations variant, and is not standard.

310E721E-D62F-47A9-9675-D0C8651B0420.jpeg
79D40888-AD68-4B96-B956-D935C9EAA735.jpeg

Yeah true... But if we are talking about the black haws that were used after the 9-11 attacks, It will probably be the black hawk.

Can people vote? The reason of this poll is for you people to vote.

Yeah true... But if we are talking about the black haws that were used after the 9-11 attacks, It will probably be the black hawk.

What do you mean used after 9-11?

The Black Hawk has been in service since 1979.

The majority of UH-60's are utility, transport, and medivac. They are usually armed with just two window mounted machine guns used for suppression fire. As such they cannot be compared to an AH-64 Apache which is an attack helicopter.

I was a Black Hawk Crew Chief/Door Gunner in the Army. I have over 1600 flight hours in her, including more than 600 combat flight hours.

I could hang a hellfire under a gyrocopter (like an Army Aviation magazine proposed back around 1980) and rely on ground-based designators.

I'd still rather have an Apache for that mission :evil4:

Depends on what you are using it for. The SOAR determined the UH-60 full filled their mission more than the Apache.

What do you mean used after 9-11?

The Black Hawk has been in service since 1979.

The majority of UH-60's are utility, transport, and medivac. They are usually armed with just two window mounted machine guns used for suppression fire. As such they cannot be compared to an AH-64 Apache which is an attack helicopter.

I was a Black Hawk Crew Chief/Door Gunner in the Army. I have over 1600 flight hours in her, including more than 600 combat flight hours.
When they took out the leader of al-Qaeda, Osama bin Laden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back