AH-4 Apache vs black hawk

Who would win

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What subject is this Wikipedia passage found under? It's been so long since I read about the Iran/Iraq war, I don't remember the book.
There are many books written about Iran-Iraq war, but unfortunately, most of them are in Persian language. I have worked as Museum guide, in Army Military History Museum at Saadabad complex, and as assistant translator with Army's military history bureau.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I remember although worded differently, basic details are the same.

Does anyone remember where the AH-1 juked a Hind into losing control and crashing? I believe it was on the West German border, but, it's been years since I've heard that story.
Found it.
An American AH-1 and a Russian Hind were shadowing each other on the German border. Pilots being pilots, they began to chase each other, when the AH-1 sped ahead, prompting the faster Hind to catch up. As the Hind closed the distance, the Cobra pulled up in a sudden climb which the Hind pilot attempted to follow but only succeeded in causing his craft to tumble. Nosing forward into a dive to regain control, the Hind pilot overcompensated as he pulled out of the dive causing the rotor to impact the tail boom sending the craft down and killing all onboard. After this incident, Soviet helicopters were forbidden from flying close to the border.

Last edited:
I could hang a hellfire under a gyrocopter (like an Army Aviation magazine proposed back around 1980) and rely on ground-based designators.

I'd still rather have an Apache for that mission :evil4:
Remember the Israeli tests of ultralight aircraft against tanks? Flights of 4 against individual tanks produced a kill every time, 1 tank and one Israeli ultra-light. 😂 Time and place, I guess. Remember, the Palestinians infiltrated Israel on powered hang gliders, carrying kit, in the late '80s.

Mate, as others mentioned, these are different types of Helicopters, and even from different time periods. I'm not an expert in this field, and had only a single short trip with AB-205 during my time in Army.
UH-1?

There are many books written about Iran-Iraq war, but unfortunately, most of them are in Persian language. I have worked as Museum guide, in Army Military History Museum at Saadabad complex, and as assistant translator with Army's military history bureau.
On a whim, I did a quick google search and although I didn't find the museum you named above, I saw one called Shahram Palace, which had a quite interesting take on the military equipment displays and showed a little bit of everything like an early war Panzer a late Sherman, and something Soviet, talk about diversity. I have to admit the architecture of many of the destinations shown was amazing and the Wildlife and Nature Museum of Dar Abad looked to rival anything in the states, even my local Cabelas 😂.

On a whim, I did a quick google search and although I didn't find the museum you named above, I saw one called Shahram Palace, which had a quite interesting take on the military equipment displays and showed a little bit of everything like an early war Panzer a late Sherman, and something Soviet, talk about diversity. I have to admit the architecture of many of the destinations shown was amazing and the Wildlife and Nature Museum of Dar Abad looked to rival anything in the states, even my local Cabelas 😂.

The Shahram Palace, Royal Weapons Museum and the Saadabad complex that's the same place. Also the Mellat Museum was there.

museum Teheran Iran.jpg

Yes, That`s the place.

There are 4 Military History Museums, that are part of the Army Military History Bureau.
The Air Force Museum, is only open on special days for Air Force Pilot Cadets.
The Navy Museum, Located in "Bandar Anzali", is open for public visitors.
The "Afif Abad" Military Museum, in Afif Abad Complex, Shiraz, also open for public visitors.

Beside these ones, there are multiple "War" and "Sacred Defense" Museums, all around the Country.

(my bold)
I wonder whether if there is a more detailed and/or reputable account on the air-to-air combat of the helicopters during the I-I war that the short Wikipedia passage.
Unfortunately, No, There is no such page in WP, However there is an incomplete list of Aerial Victories of Both Sides AFs :

Users who are viewing this thread

Back