AI Fails (16 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What Flight 19 looked like:
Grumman_TBF-1_Avengers_of_VGS-29_in_flight_over_Norfolk,_Virginia_(USA),_on_1_September_1942_(...jpg

What AI apparently thinks Flight 19 looked like:
71f8DYC78vL._SL1499_.jpg
 
Interesting video by Hannah Fry (britisch Mathematician) it's a bit older and less about AI and more about algorithms and "computers in charge" … one of the most worrying aspects is that the computer generated results/output is less questioned once it made its way into software run by e.g. Bankers or Bureaucrats. The output isn't questioned anymore it becomes much harder to argue against.


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzhpf1Ai7Z4
 
Not so much a fail but something to be aware of when it comes to the bad use of AI:


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9GQiouEdJ8

However scary this is, why can I not just hire a German girl willing to play along with my evil scheme? She is not a celebrity. Any girl will do.

Problem: I live in Toronto, Canada. I want to claim that our mayor, Olivia Chow, wants to keep Hungarians as slaves. She is politically left wing, Damn commies want to enslave Hungarians. This should be obvious. How do I do it?
  1. I can write an article. Maybe the Toronto Sun will publish it. The problem is that some jerk-off a**hole, possibly one working for the Sun, will demand evidence.
  2. Chow is Chinese. There must be a video of her giving a speech in Chinese. I can add sub-titles. If some Chinese speakers claim she is saying something else, I will argue that they are all in on the evil plot.
  3. I can hire an Olivia Chow impersonator. These are not as popular as Elvis impersonators. I can mess with the lighting to camouflage the inexact appearance, but she has been in politics for a long time. The real Olivia Chow probably knows better than to stand in bad light. We look for signs of AI. We can look for signs of impersonators.
  4. I can generate an Artificial Intelligence Olivia Chow who says what I want her to say.
The crucial thing is that if someone goes to this trouble to create deceptive media, they are lying scum. Any statement people like this make must be regarded as lies until proven otherwise. "Oops! I accidentally made a video of Donald Trump boasting that he is a cross-dresser." How careless of me!

High quality fakes are a lot of work. People with this level of skill and dedication, are more dangerous than general scum. When people go to this effort need, we need to tag them, and any other media they produce, as fakes.
 
When people go to this effort need, we need to tag them, and any other media they produce, as fakes.
And, where possible prosecute those involved. It is one thing to laugh/cringe/bemoan badly done AI images such as the majority of this thread does. It is also another to bemoan the shit 'information' put out there - such as with my post that started the thread - and how society is heading in a bad direction as dumb***s believe it without doing their own checks. It is a totally different level though when one has malicious actors out there using it for actions such as crime, be that scamming people of money, or worse, rigging elections etc.
 
And, where possible prosecute those involved. It is one thing to laugh/cringe/bemoan badly done AI images such as the majority of this thread does. It is also another to bemoan the shit 'information' put out there - such as with my post that started the thread - and how society is heading in a bad direction as dumb***s believe it without doing their own checks. It is a totally different level though when one has malicious actors out there using it for actions such as crime, be that scamming people of money, or worse, rigging elections etc.
That is a slippery slope. If I use AI to show everyone that you are an Andorran terrorist, you can sue for libel and slander. When insulting you, I need to get my facts straight. Anywhere else, we are attacking freedom of speech.

People need to learn to recognise fake media.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back