AI slop on this forum (4 Viewers)

FulmenTheFinn

Airman 1st Class
128
332
Joined
Dec 9, 2023
Location
Finland
Lately there's been an uptick in users making AI-generated posts not just in the Aviation sub-forum, but in the Technical sub-forum as well. Because the AI-generated "information" is generally partly or entirely factually incorrect, I feel it takes away from the purpose of the forum by presenting false information as fact, misleading people less familiar with the topic and annoying those who are. Would it be possible to add a rule forbidding this sort of behaviour and warning users engaging in it? And if they persist, banning them. Or is it just too much of a hassle? It is very easy to recognise AI-generated text and usually the posters themselves admit it's AI-generated. It's usually also the same individuals posting most of the AI slop.

Here's a few examples:

Finnish air force Mustang kills on Russian Front?

Finnish air force Mustang kills on Russian Front?

highest kill ratio - both this and the above thread are full of AI posts made by the same users in the past few days.

Flight Test Data - 17 AI threads on the first page, most of them from September 2026.

Thank you for your time.
 
Last edited:
Enlighten me please.

Take a look at those posts I linked, and others in those threads by the same users, and try out some LLMs (ChatGPT, Gemini, Grok, etc., take your pick) for yourself by asking them questions, in this case especially history-related ones. You'll very quickly notice a pattern. For the marginally less obvious stuff, watch this:


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ch4a6ffPZY
 
I totally get your sentiment and I do share it.
One wonders what is the point in posting something that anybody can get from these models themselves. Apart from info, a forum like this is also about human contact and this goes totally against that.

But I'm afraid this is the reality we have to deal with. The internet is broken down by slop and every day it gets harder to find anything genuine. Not helped by the fact that people are lazy. At my work I never know if I'm texting a human or a model. It's demoralising.
I can say much more, but you'll get my sentiment about AI when you read some of my posts. These are sad times.

I'm not sure if we can do anything about it. These are recognisable, but when people do a humanising action, it'll be much harder. Will probably have a chat in our forum team about this.

I would advise you to call people out on it when you see it. As long as you don't turn it into a fight, I would have nothing against that.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back