Airbrushes and compressor deals. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nothing wrong with that Tom! Why pay the earth if the bit of kit you get at the right price for you does the job well? As Lucky said, you're often paying for the name, and that name might have been stuck onto something that came from a small factory far remote from the 'name's' prestige H.Q.
'Badge engineering', they call it these days!
Regards, Terry.

Hmm! Very interesting, I wonder how much it will go for?
A quick update on the compressor I bought. It's the Mantua Mini-Compressor, and it is small, measuring approx. 9 x 21 x 12 cm. (3.5 x 9 x 4.5 inches.), and weighing 2.1Kg. (approx 4.5 lbs.). It is a piston type, and fairly quiet, emitting a low, buzzing hum when running. Max pressure is 50 - 55 PSI (3.5 - 3.8 BAR.), at 13 - 15 L/min. Although there is no air pressure meter/regulator, one is available, which includes a water trap, as an extra, for about £13. There's a small 'slot' on one end, that acts as an airbrush holder, which is very useful, especially if the 'brush is fitted with a paint jar. I have just used it for the first time, and it was easy peasy! Just plug in, switch on, and spray. Obviously, not having a pressure regulator (yet), I had to do any adjustment at the airbrush end of the combination, but it sprayed effortlessly and smoothly, without pulsing, splattering, or loss of pressure. I reckon it's about 2500 % better than the biggest propellant can!
So far I'm extremely pleased, and I reckon it should fulfil my needs as far as air-brushing goes. I nearly bought the next model up the chain, a tank compressor with regulator etc., but, to be honest, I'm glad I didn't, as I can't see any advantage, now that I've used the little baby. Any negative feedback? Yes, because of the shape of the case (which is silver), and the position of the outlet connector, for some reason the deigner decided to shape the thing like a baby elephant!! But, is this the face of concern? As long as it performs the way it has, I'm happy!
P.S. I am now covered in paint and thinners, as I knocked the b****y paint jar over!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back