Aircraft Data Plate

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ProudKerman

Airman
Jan 23, 2015
Recently bought these three data plates. Any info on them?
I know a fair bit about the C-47 (ADF Serials)
A little about the B-25
But nothing about the Supermarine one, most likely Walrus? Any help?
Also a few sources say the B-25 was recovered once upon a time but where did it end up?
Any help would be great :)
WP_20151024_23_32_48_Pro.jpg

WP_20151024_23_33_01_Pro.jpg

WP_20151024_23_33_11_Pro.jpg

The serial number on the Supermarine plate doesn't correspond to a British aircraft serial number, which, at that period, were a letter followed by four numbers - eg. K1234. Possibly a component part I.D. plate ?

I have a RAN document (admiralty fleet orders) showing that the 22308 series of part numbers is a Walrus part, but don't have any description of 22308/89.

Aircraft data plates don't have a drawing number on them (from what I recall), so this is probably a component off a Supermarine Walrus/Sea Otter.

That serial number (6S26124) is sometimes called the main data plate number or cockpit data plate number. It is a manufacturer's serial number and should not be confused with an RAF or other service's serial number (like Airframe's K1234 above).

I'm not really familiar with these plates on British aircraft but I do know 6S does apply to Supermarine. The drawing number would tell someone who knows what aircraft and which 'group' of components of said aircraft the plate was applied to.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back