Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lanc,

Will you be having to move into the city? What are your living arrangements? Is this (as we term it in the US) an internship while you go to university? Full time or part time?

I'm happy for you. You will truly be an asset based upon your aerospace enthusiasm alone.

Cheers

good God guys i've posted this news before months back

Westlands are based in Yeovil, Somerset, which isn't too far from where i live! i.e. it's still in the westcountry

I'm in year 12 of school and it's a Government requirement that all year 12 students undertake a week's work experience somewhere. We're encouraged to get one a bit bigger and further away, so i applied to Westland and got a week in "Engineering Support", which sounds a lot like "Tea boy" but i said i enjoy the theory behind the engineering so hopefuly there'll be lots of maths! obviously no cameras allowed which is a shame though

as for where i'm staying, i've found a nice B&B within walking distance of the site (which is huge given it's in the middle of a town/city!)- the proplems start here, the accomadtion alone will cost about £300 for the week plus just under £100 for transport (trains are extortionately expensive over here, paying £200 for a return ticket isn't anything supprising- yet what is is that you can get two singles for £50 in some cases!), that's money i've got but have spent a long time saving so understandably i'm after funding from elsewhere, i've made a funding application to a local fund however this will all take place in the next financial year, so they can't grant me anything until then! but that's march/april time and this all takes place the first week in July, thus it's leaving it a little late if they say no, so unless you guys are gonna put some money in the lanc pot i'll have to dip into my savings, should be worth it though for an opertunity like this! should be great getting some experience doing engineering on the world's finest Helicopters

Good for you, Lanc. I remember you saying you had applied, but didn't recall you being accepted. What an adventure. Do it even if you have to borrow money. You won't regret it from a professional nor personal perspective. And then work your backside off when you get their. While it may not result in a job with Westlands post university, I bet it ultimately gets you a job from referral.

Fun times.

cheers guys, should be an amazing experience if nothing else, plus a week away from home i'm still not sure if i want to study Civil engineering or Aerospace engineering at university so hopefully a week with a multi-billion pound company will help me choose, i'm not sure if i'll be doing day to day work or if they'll give me a project to work on for the week... i'll just make sure that if they get me to design the next generation of helicopter i get a hefty paycheck, and in return for a £10 investment into the pot now, you'll all get a helicopter in return so come on matt, dig deep

you could sell your fat to a stupid thin person for $587 and send it to me, then, here's the best part, you can grow it back and sell it on again! good God with ideas like that why am i wasting my time on here with you guys!!

Well the way I see it, you have two options my friend.

1. Get off your lazy lol ass and get a weekend job and earn some money...

2. Go seduce some woman with some money and she will finance your way through everything as long as you keep her satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread