I just love these f###ing information clashes...
Ok, probably screwed up re the Air Ministry. My bad. I do remember a committee was formed to name her. On thinking about it, that would more logically be Vickers, so change the 'Air Ministry worker' to 'Vickers worker' and my comment still stands. Maybe it was the Chairman's suggestion that won it, I don't remember.
What I distinctly remember reading was Mitchell's comment on hearing of the decision, because it surprised me so much.
IF what I wrote is incorrect, then we have (yet another) case of which author got their facts screwed up...
I will tell you something too. I am always open to correction - hell I do make mistakes (who dosen't) but unless you can PROVE that your source is undeniably correct, and mine not, DO NOT f###ing write 'You're wrong (twice)'. You must know what an arrogant SOB comment that is.
This isn't the first time either. I'm just wondering if it you just accidently write that way in the threads, with no hard intentions (just an unfortunate use of wording), or if you really are a smug SOB who loves 'correcting' others with BS facts from thou holy grail of esteemed literature. Which is it?