AIRFIX 1/72 BLACKBURN BUCCANEER S.2C

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ron Pearcy

Airman 1st Class
Feb 24, 2018
Market Harborough,UK
New Buccaneer kit. Is this hole supposed to be there?
It's just behind the starboard intake nozzle.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

I don't think the kind of hole should be there. I would say it's so-called short shot . Usually it indicates a trouble with keeping of the correct temperature of the smooth plastic during the injection process.. It happens quite seldom rather but it can.

It seems to be happening a lot to the latest Airfix kits. The worst of them have the sprues formed in India with poor quality control. The plastic used there is softer than where ever the better sprues are made

The guys pouring the moulds in India do it while they are on the phone with millions of Canadians arguing that they have back taxes. I think they should stop making model kits and concentrate on their extortion calls.

That sucks Ron. Agree with Andy and given your time frame option two seems the most doable
The guys pouring the moulds in India do it while they are on the phone with millions of Canadians arguing that they have back taxes. I think they should stop making model kits and concentrate on their extortion calls.
They are still calling me about a virus on my PC that I haven't run since 2009

Contacted Airfix this morning. It appears mine is not the only one.
They are sending replacement parts. Because I didn't notice the short shot until I had glued all the intake and exhaust parts they will have to send a few. Oh well!

IMO it should be easy to fix the short shot without dismouting of the already put together segement. But, certainly it depends on you only what way to do that you will choose.

I should be able to repair the short shot but if I cannot the replacement parts will cure it.
This is a first for me.
Thanks to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back