Airfix 1/72 Handley Page Hampden....

Very much appreciated Evan, thank you kindly!
Love the Airfix Hampden, more for sentimental reasons....
Those AZ/Valom looks great! 👍🏻👌🏼👏🏻😎
 
No worries mate, and I hear ya on the sentimentality... the second bomber model I made was an Airfix Hampden (narrowly beaten out of 'first' by an Airfix Do 17E/F - box art won me over :) )

This one?

air04014.jpg
 
As with this one, never built it, just want it because of the boxart....damn you Roy Cross! 😉😆😂


IMG_20240210_192738.jpg
 
Yep!
(got another one in the stash now for my own sentimental reasons... :) )

Clashed posts... got that Cat back in NZ too. Was staying at my grandad's place when I started it, when he looked across suddenly and said 'What's that? Can I see it a minute?' I said 'Sure. It's a Catalina'. He said 'That's the plane that saved me! I remember the big glass bubbles on the side!'
I don't remember when or where, but he said when he was in the Merchant Navy (post war I think), his ship struck a mine and sunk. I don't know if there were any casualties, but he atleast was rescued by the Catalina.
 
Last edited:
I built the top Matchbox boxing. Badly :)

I wasn't far behind I imagine! 😉😆😂

I'm surprised that Roy Cross didn't put his He 111 over Great Britain, like earlier Airfix boxings and Matchbox....

IMG_20240210_200612.jpg
 
This nostalgia is bringing back memories Jan.
For instance, I remember colouring in a picture as a kid of mixed World War 2 aircraft in one big jumbled scene. There was a Heinkel 111 aswell, so I coloured it in yellow MTO scheme. My Great- grandmother, who lived through both World Wars, said 'They weren't Yellow! They were Green!' :)
It was her, and my grandmother, who told me you could tell when the German bombers were coming, because the engines sounded like they were cutting out.

Another time too, I showed them my Do 17 I mentioned earlier, and when my Great- grandmother saw it top on, she said 'That dosen't look like a pencil...why on earth did they call it that?' My grandmother pointed out that if she looked at it side on, it was very long and thin design. (my Grandmother was a WAAF in WW.2 by the way)

Old memories :)
 
"The first major raid against mainland Britain was by Heinkel 111s of KG 4 on the night of June 18-19, 1940. The targets were the oil tanks at Thameshaven and airfields in eastern England."

Need to find a "proper" He 111 for this one! 😉
 
Hello everybody
I'm recording all your messages but , I agree, I'm not nt very active in the forum.
But I register all the news speciaily modelling ones because I'm buiding since1964
Now about 350 models in showcases , equal nuimber in boxes and, as 72 years old , quite .. anxious about their future (trash no doubt ...)

PS :some exceptions as my grand children put a will on some dioramas ... Ok ... enough ! thank you Modeler's God !)

I built the old airfix Hamden some years ago and replacing it still remains in my wishes
So thanks
I have the Valom one , not the AZ
I am suspicious about Valom's Models justr see my "USSR goulag I did " for some years on :


this is a french 1/72 scale forum ; if not registered you will not see my pictures but anyway see uy finished Valom (trap kit :!!) Albemarlethe only one I will try is tyhe Bistol Bombay beca[/
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If you want, I would agree to give my access to the french site to any (personal ) interested modeller (all my "crazy works" on the Valom Albemarle are inside) , just you've have to ask on a private message and translate the texts ....

To know : I'm just on the end stage ( but suffering for months) on 2 Duich models
> Fokker G.1 Micromodel (a lot to say after abandoning the MPM one)
> Douglas DB-8 special Hobby dutch dive bombre

both made (with complications ) together , a nighmare
christian
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back