Airfix vickers valiant 1/72 scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

badbear

Senior Airman
Dec 9, 2008
Hi guys i see that airfix are to release an 1/72 scale vickers valiant at last a new mold of this aircraft and its got to be a million times better than that french mach 2 horror .So fingers crossed that it appears in 2010 oh by the way it is one of there limited editions.BB

Hells teeth! Nearly fifty years after it went out of service and Airfix finally release it! It's been wanted for a long time, although not my bag, so should go down well. I notice the new Spit XVI is a 'Limited Edition' too - back on the shelves in a few years though, I would think. One way of balancing the risk of production and marketing costs - badge it as 'Limited' and whoosh! Sold out.

How right you are terry.and they are rereleasing the vulcan as well in an special vulcan to the sky set .BB

Last edited:
Is that the current 1/72nd scale kit, in the shops now, or the forthcoming 1/48th scale version? That one will be a monster!!

Cheers BB. Yes VB, a 1/48th Vulcan was shown as a test shot at last year's trade show at Stuttgart, and it's shown as a future release, time and price TBA, in some shops' catalogues here in the UK. Hope it's not another 'Mosquito Syndrome' though.....

Seventy five quid?!!! For a 1/72nd scale, very plain shaped aircraft kit?!!! What bl**dy planet are Hornby on? Or should we congratulate them on their marketing ploys to make a quick return, posibly for re-investment? (Ho Ho). Bring out a kit that will probably sell - but wait, mark it 'Limited Edition', bung a stupidly high price on it, and people will think it's really special (especially the E-Bay speculators!) and buy it to 'lay down' for the future. Meanwhile, grab the cash, then re-release the kit in a couple or five years, not 'limited'! I despair! Either you release a kit or you don't release a kit - you don't **ck about with playing the bl**dy market!"! It seems virtually every new kit they're releasing is 'Limited', forcing sales. Stuff 'em!
And where's me bl**dy replacement canopy? Reply or send it within 28 days my *rse - it's been two and a half months!!

Ive been told by a good authority that the valiant will be a normal issue and not an limited edition as first announce

I can only hope that Hornby are improving the quality of Airfix kits to suit the new prices :rolleyes: My experience of Airfix has universally been one of filler and expletives, but at least the kits are cheap. I certainly wouldn't be shelling out 75 notes for a Valiant thought, not in braille scale.

Sucker for punishment that I am, I was in my local Hobbycraft last weekend and noticed that they have released a number of WWI era kits of late. The RE8, Brisfit and HMS Warspite have been added to my mental wishlist :lol:8)

Far as I know, they are all the original 1950's / early 1960's kits. Looking forward to their 1/48th scale Spitfire MkXII though!

Ah, never mind. I shall avoid them like the proverbial then. I was looking for some small, reasonably priced stuff as the new flat doesn't have a great deal of space. Looks like I shall just have to build the Sea Venom next, wings folded to save space. oh, the hardships I must endure :lol:

I know that feeling mate! I've got a 'spare room' in my small house, and I still don't have enough display space!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back