Alert during the bombing of Pearl Harbor (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

João Yazalde

Airman
Apr 25, 2022
I would like someone to tell me what is being said through the speaker between minute 2:25 and 3:32 please:

I see, I can understand written English a little, but not spoken English, and since there are no subtitles, I had no way of understanding what was being heard. I already looked for the origin of this announcement, although the words "all the HANDS" surprised me, since I had only heard "all the MEN". Thanks.
48-031-H.jpg

I see, I can understand written English a little, but not spoken English, and since there are no subtitles, I had no way of understanding what was being heard. I already looked for the origin of this announcement, although the words "all the HANDS" surprised me, since I had only heard "all the MEN". Thanks.View attachment 682730

I hear you. I speak Spanish as a second language, and the hardest thing for me is not the speaking, but the listening.

Yes. In Spanish, written English is pronounced differently from the original, which makes it difficult to identify the words when they speak it, and even more so if they speak quickly (as in an air chase), even though we use the same alphabet.

I took four years of Spanish in high school which allowed me to converse fluently with those who also took four years. Other people not so much. In the USAF I had six months of Russian. The instructor had a rule once you walked in, only Russian could be spoken. No English ever! On occasion when I was responding to the instructor the guys would break out laughing and the instructor would hit my desk with his stick yelling "kack?" It seems I would substitute Spanish words when I didn't remember the Russian word. I have always since then had very great respect for those who cam speak several languages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back