"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MOSCOW, June 2 (Reuters) - The Kremlin said on Friday that if Ukraine joined NATO then it would cause problems for many years to come, an issue he said many European Union countries understood though the United States ultimately called the tunes at the military alliance.

President Volodymyr Zelenskiy pressed his case on Thursday for Ukraine to be part of the NATO military alliance and urged the alliance to provide security guarantees if membership were not possible for now.

Asked about Ukraine's aspirations to join the alliance, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said: "We regret to state that this indicates the unpreparedness, the unwillingness and the incapacity of the Kyiv regime to resolve existing problems at the negotiating table."

"Ukraine's membership in NATO, of course, is one of the main irritants and would be a potential problem for many, many years," Peskov said.

Problems ... for whom?

Also, I don't know anyone who would advocate negotiating with an armed robber. Bueller? Bueller?

I see no citation for this claim. We should be careful about reposting such.

Last edited:
I see no citation for this claim. We should be careful about reposting such.

The comments I've found:

Ukraine has no right to take military action in Transnistria unless there is a request from the authorities of the Republic of Moldova.

Source: Zelenskyy at a press conference following the results of the summit of the European Political Community in Chisinau on Thursday, as a European Pravda correspondent reports

Details: Zelenskyy denied the rumours about this and ruled out unilateral actions by Ukraine in Transnistria.

Quote: "Ukraine can react and help only if there is a request from the authorities of the Republic of Moldova," he said.

UPDATED: The president initially refused to answer the question raised twice about whether there was such a request from the Moldovan side, but later brought it up again and decided to clarify, stating: "There was no request".

Zelenskyy also emphasised that Ukraine has no claim to the territory of Transnistria.

"They should unite with their state, with their history – that is, with Moldova," the president emphasised, recalling how he once travelled through the territory of Transnistria and was surprised when he saw the flags of the Russian Federation there but not of Moldova.

The implication is that Ukraine might help if asked, but such request hasn't been tendered or considered.

It's a fair price. Sweden gets to expel its islamists and join Nato. Where's the downside for our Allen key, meatball loving Swedes?
Islamists of Kurds? I think you will find that Turkey's problem is more with Sweden allowing members of the PKK to be in Sweden. In fact, one might argue that if anything it is Erdoğa who has gone the more Islamist route overturning almost a century of secularism.

Russians squealed how they would take Kyiv in three days, now they will have to think about how to evacuate Belgorod:

I think the key thing here is that attacks in Russia, especially Moscow and the like risk Putin's lies being found out. The narrative that all is going well becomes hard to prove when bombs starting to go off at home. A bit like what happened with the Japanese in WW2.

beta&t=zPHN1IYFJ7079N_yRcJPiB6R3cNwJ9iBykMiq4n4E5Q.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back