"All of Vlad's forces and all of Vlad's men, are out to put Humpty together again." (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I agree about Donetsk. Russia and its stooges have controlled the region since 2014. The one thing going for Ukraine is that Russia and its stooges have controlled the region since 2014.
The people remaining in Donetsk wanted to be Russian, or more likely did not want to be part of Ukraine. There's a reason the AFU haven't made any inroads into Donetsk. For starters, it's urban rather than rural, which means costly streetfighting. Its separatist population will need to be identified, turned, killed or expelled into Russia.

Last edited:
Since some time I notice that when an ukrainian drone is about to hit a russian vehicle that seems to be in an organized position, it look like some interferences.

Is Rusia employing antidrone electronic measures or is just static interferences?

Those are FPV drones. I don't know if they are based on commercial of the shelf equipment or they are military grade, but its quite possible they are based on commercial components (a lot of Ukrainian drones are). Commercial FPV drones can either transmit video analogically or digitally. Many years ago they where analog, but the last years are mostly digital.

The inconvenient of analog video transmission is that its prone to interference (it is a real problem even without electronic measures). When the drone gets closer to ground level (yeah that happens in the final attack dive) there are more objects that may interfere. That may explain your observation.

On the other hand, digital is more resistant to interference, but encoding the codec (e.g. H264) introduces lag, and the vid is transmitted with a delay. When the drone hits the vehicle there are still old frames pending that will never be transmitted. So you get the impression that the signal stops before hitting the vehicle. In addition vid codecs do not transmit complete frames all the time, most of the time frames are generated from previous and even future frames.
2560px-I_P_and_B_frames.svg.jpg

Unexpectedly losing frames can give the impression that the image deteriorates. That may also explain your observation.

My non-expert guess is that those FPV use digital codecs for vid.

Can Putin wait for so long? Guess he was counting on certain former POTUS to win in 2024.

Brussels is working on a four-year financing plan for Ukraine worth tens of billions of euros as it seeks to put its support for the war-torn country on a more stable and predictable footing.
Paywall free: https://archive.ph/dGY0p

Can Putin wait for so long? Guess he was counting on certain former POTUS to win in 2024.

Brussels is working on a four-year financing plan for Ukraine worth tens of billions of euros as it seeks to put its support for the war-torn country on a more stable and predictable footing.
Paywall free: https://archive.ph/dGY0p
FDR?

The people remaining in Donetsk wanted to be Russian, or more likely did not want to be part of Ukraine. There's a reason the AFU haven't made any inroads into Donetsk. For starters, it's urban rather than rural, which means costly streetfighting. Its separatist population will need to be identified, turned, killed or expelled into Russia.
While I agree with you, after having their males ground to dog food and hosting Kadyrovites, I wonder how strong their commitment to the Rodina remains.

I don't understand the footage here. Are this pilot and handler Ukrainian? I don't see any national markings. If they're not Ukrainian there's no point to this footage other than to show cool aircraft as a backdrop to the text.
They are flying simulators before they strap on the real thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back